Why Our Pub is Great
Smarter than a pub and friendlier than a restaurant, The Canterbury Bell in Thanet gives diners the best of both worlds. Light wood, spotlights and lamps, smooth leather seats, and comfy upholstered bucket chairs give us a fresh contemporary look, and a warm, welcoming feel. A convenient location, quality cask ales, fine wines and an extensive menu make us a popular choice for midweek lunches, family meals and drinks with friends.
Planning a trip to Botany Bay? Make a weekend of it and stay in our lovely lodge. Modern ensuite guest rooms are spacious, well equipped and tastefully decorated.
Rotisserie chicken is at the heart of our menu. We choose to use Red Tractor farm-assured chicken so you know you’re eating meat that’s sourced and produced responsibly. Open the menu and discover an array of exciting plates. We also do steaks and grills, hearty pies, fish, and tasty vegetarian options. There’s plenty of choice for your little chicks, too. Bigger chicks will love our mini rotisserie dishes. All that good food is bound to give them bags of energy. Let them burn some of it off in the outdoor play area.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus